Sunday, November 06, 2005

Damn this heat

Today, I am grumpy and miserable. I just wanted to set the tone straight off.
It is hot today, just like every other day since I've gotten to port. It is also humid; again not a change.
What makes today different is having a fever, a throat so dry it feels like fire, a swollen left Achilles, a splitting headache and not being able to keep anything I put down down. The fever is worrisome, but it is the spewing (aussie term for throwing up) that is freaking me out the most because if I cant even keep water down I can't stay hydrated, which in conjunction with the above mentioned heat is not a good thing.
Man, I feel like crap.
I have to work this afternoon too, which is bringing me no end of joy. At least work today will be better than yesterday. Why do I know this? you may ask. Well yesterday I got all the totally shitty jobs out of the way. Like making tomato pasta sauce; ordinarily not a bad thing. Right? Well ask me how much I had to make. Go on. Do it.
Why I'm so glad you asked! About THREE HUNDRED LITERS. ooooh yeah. That's a lot of sauce when it's all in the cooking stage. By the time I was done I looked like a, well, I don't know what I looked like, but I was frikken covered in sauce. But at least it is out of the way now, and so is a bunch of prep for the next two days.
I really hope I feel better tomorrow because I have the day off and I can think of more geographically advantageous things to do than laying in my bed with the ceiling fan on full, listening to Ani Difranco and feeling sorry for myself.

Phew. Now I feel kind of bad that you had to read that. I'm sorry. I just had to get it out.
Hmm, I'll post a couple more pictures to make it up to you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous amy said...

please be careful.. i hope you feel better soon.. *guh*

11/06/2005 11:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, i want some PASTA now like you wouldn't believe!

11/15/2005 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home