Monday, October 31, 2005

HR

I thought this exchange was pretty funny, but maybe you had to be there... Anyway, reasons I shouldn't work in a hotel: part one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chef: Can you go to HR at four o'clock? They would like to have a chat with you.
Me: Sure! What about?
Chef: *shrugs* I don't know, maybe you get a raise. But don't get your hopes up.

4:00

Me: Hi, you wanted to see me at four?
HR: Yes, come in. Have a seat?
Me: *sits, looks at HR expectantly*
HR: Tim we had a complaint from a staff associate regarding your treatment of him.
Me: Really? hmmm, what seems to be the problem?
HR: He says that you made an inappropriate comment to him during dinner service on Thursday.
Me: Oh?
HR: Yes. He says you sent him out of your section for no apparent reason and he is upset about that and the manner in which you told him to leave.
Me: Oh, Phil [name changed]. Yeah, he came into my section and started to take my prep without asking and then tipped a pot of stock into the sink because he needed it.
HR: Okay, did you ask him to-
Me: I said "what the fuck do you think you are doing? Do your own prep. Now get the fuck off my section and stop screwing around."
HR: Oh.
Me: *shrugs*
*long pause*
HR: Do you think you could have been a bit more restrained?
Me: I thought I was quite restrained. I mean, I didn't even mention the stock...
HR: Well, he felt quite, ah. Well, he was not happy with your comments.
Me: He wasn't supposed to be.
*long pause*
HR: Well, do you think you could have made your point without saying- ah, using the language you did?
Me: Without saying "fuck"? I suppose I could have, but I didn't.
HR: Which is why we are chatting about this.
Me: Chat away. I'm still on the clock...
HR: You don't seem to be taking this very seriously...
Me: Not particularly...
HR: right...
*long pause*
HR: In future, do you think you could please be more restrained with comments directed at Phil?
Me: Sure, no problem... As long as he doesn’t come into my section and take prep...
HR: But-
Me: I've got a roast in the oven that I should probably check...
HR: Oh, ah, alright... Ah, thank you for your time. Talk to you soon.
Me: I'm sure we will. Ciao...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger claire said...

Oh my god.

I am laughing so hard I am crying right now.

10/30/2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger claire said...

"I didn't even mention the stock"

hahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!

10/30/2005 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Somewhere Else said...

Am staying with cuz Elli in Zurich but reading this in i-n cafe. Did you know that they throw you out of i-n cafes in Switzerland for snorting stuff out your nose while reading your kid's blog??????

Glad to know you are alive and well and "normal". Go get 'em, Tiger.

10/31/2005 03:09:00 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

that is hilarious! thank you for the laughter :)

10/31/2005 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home